Our UK and International shipments are shared between different carriers depending on their destination and the service selected. These carriers are currently DPD, UPS and Royal Mail.
Typical despatch time for orders placed is usually 1-2 working days. Our delivery prices are set by our couriers and applied to cover dangerous goods, this means we have no control over the prices set.
* PLEASE NOTE: The value of the CPSR purchases do not contribute towards our shipping discount.
UK Shipping Options
Royal Mail Parcel
DPD UK Mainland
DPD Offshore and Highlands
DPD International - Export (Channel Islands)
Shipping is free for Economy mainland UK shipping over £100.00 net cart cost (before VAT, and excluding the cost of safety assessments, gift vouchers or Stephenson products)
Shipping is free for Economy mainland UK shipping over £200.00 net cart cost (before VAT)
Customer Collection from Dispatch Warehouse
Worldwide shipping costs automatically default to the correct shipping zone relevant to the delivery destination. Delivery times will vary depending on the service we send your shipment on. Most European destinations have a 2-3 day shipping time. Further worldwide destinations may be longer than this. Your International shipments can usually be tracked via the carriers website with the tracking number provided once the order has been shipped.
Please Note: Custom charges are not set by us and we do not have any involvement or control over these.
- We ship all orders in order of receipt. At our busiest times we may be delayed in shipping your order by a few days.
- There can often be delays out of our control, often due to the courier. We will do our best to inform our customers of any issues.
- With our free economy delivery for carts over £100 or £200 (Ex. VAT) for UK customers, if the order is large or heavy enough that it needs special shipping or shipping on a pallet then unfortunately we will need to ask for payment for this type of delivery. Please note: We're only able to refund the shipping within 28 days of the order being placed, and the price of safety assessments, gift vouchers and Stephenson products are exempt from the £100 free shipping allocation, so you'll need to ensure you have £100 (Ex. VAT) of orders excluding these items.
UK Shipping: Further Information
Our Courier services ensure any DPD and UPS parcels are 'tracked' throughout their journey from us to you. However, some small orders that weigh under 3kg including packaging, and under £35 in value will be delivered using our Royal Mail delivery service.
Please note for UK customers if your destination is in Scotland, Northern Island or other UK offshore destinations, your order could take two days for delivery from the date of dispatch, but if you experience a longer delay than this we need to know in case there is a problem. Please use our Contact Us Page or this link to message us.
If you wish, you can collect your order from our dispatch warehouse in Bideford, North Devon (The Soap Kitchen, Unit 2, Hockin Park, Caddsdown Industrial Park, Clovelly Road, Bideford, EX39 3DX). Just select, at checkout, the option to 'Collect from Dispatch Warehouse'.
Rules for Customer Collections:
- We aim to get all customer collections picked and packed the same day. This is subject to stock availability and the time the order was placed. Any orders placed after 3pm will not be ready until the next working day.
- You must await your collection acknowledgement email before attending our warehouse. Your order will not be ready until you have received this email.
- Please ensure you have a copy of your order confirmation, we have the right to refuse collection if you cannot provide this.
- Orders will be held for 14 days once acknowledgement is sent. If your order is not collected after this period we will refund and return all products to the warehouse.
- Please be aware our warehouse is not an outlet. All orders must be placed online, as we are unable to create orders for you here upon arrival.
Some of the products we supply are considered Dangerous Goods for shipping purposes. Most commonly these are Caustic Soda (sodium hydroxide) and Caustic Potash (potassium hydroxide) although there are a few others. We regret that we are unable to ship these goods Internationally by Air, or by Royal Mail, as we only have 'Limited Quantities By Road' agreements with our carriers. Your business is important to us and we know that you need your goods promptly, so if you wish to check the status of your order please use this email link.
Order status check
Please include the last five digits of your order number and your delivery post code in your email; we will respond as quickly as possible.
Special Delivery Instructions
If you (the customer) are unable to sign for your consignment and leave 'Special Delivery Instructions' for the carrier to leave your consignment in a 'safe' place, any loss or damage to the consignment is strictly your responsibility. No liability for the loss of, or damage to any such consignment can be accepted by The Soap Kitchen or their appointed carrier.
Late Delivery Liability
When our carriers are seasonally busy or during postal strikes or additional economic issues, it can cause delivery times to be extended. For all delivery delays outside of our control due to our carriers or postal strikes we are unable to accept liability and are therefore unable to make any refund of shipping charges where we have incurred charges ourselves from either our carrier or Royal Mail.
If an item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. However, you can choose to cancel the item if you would rather not wait for the back order to be sent. We ship back orders free of charge.
If an item is not in stock we may not automatically back-order that item. We reserve the right to remove the item from your order and refund the cost of that item, including any applicable proportion of the overall shipping cost. If you would rather we back-order the item for shipping later, we will inform you if there will be any additional shipping cost and give you the option to reconsider. The Soap Kitchen Limited is not responsible for any duties or taxes levied by customs on any International delivery.
Our shipping charges are weight-based, not order value based. Regardless of the value of your order, shipping will be calculated based on weight, therefore inexpensive yet heavy products may appear expensive to ship.
For an estimate of our shipping prices, you can enter your country and postcode in the cart page once you've added your items to the cart, and this will show you the shipping price before you pay.
Please note: We're only able to refund the shipping within 28 days of the order being placed.
Refunds for International Orders
Please note that we are not able to refund any shipping charges, customs duty or local taxes which may be incurred by the shipment of an international order.
If you have anymore questions or queries please don't hesitate to pop us an email on email@example.com and our team will endevour to help.